Maria Milazzo
Participant

Hi all!

I just discovered this forum, so I’m sorry about that. I’m your other pace group leader, Maria. I’ve run a handful of half-marathons, a ton of 5 and 10ks, but I’ve never run a marathon. But I’ve been running with Runner’s Edge since August 2016.

This year I’ll be running my first marathon with some other members of our pace group: It’s the Twin Cities Marathon. I’m looking forward to training this summer with you all.

Here’s a little summary about me: I’m originally from Florida and moved to Denver in August 2016. I have a bearded labradoodle named Chloe who is my soulmate. I enjoy the outdoors, cooking and just interacting with people (I’m quite the extrovert).

Just to let you know: I am completely deaf on my left side due to a benign brain tumor and resulting surgery I needed back in 2015 and 2016. I am very open about this, so if you have any questions about it, just feel free to ask me. But I think it’s important to note that I cannot hear when I’m running next to you if you are on my left side (and sometimes even if you are on my right). So please be patient with me sometimes, and if you are talking to me, and it doesn’t seem like I am listening, I probably didn’t hear you, as I am a pretty engaged and active listener. 🙂

Please feel free to reach out to me with any thoughts or concerns. You can contact me at bareeuh@gmail.com.