• Author

robertnanney
    Participant

Fellow Runners Edge’ers,

In May 2019, I will join the Police Unity Tour-Challenge Ride, consisting of nearly 450 law enforcement officers representing police agencies from throughout the United States. Our group began with members from various Southern California law enforcement agencies but now consists of law enforcement officers from across the United States.

We will depart from Somerset, New Jersey and travel through Philadelphia, Delaware, Baltimore, and ultimately into Washington DC.

On May 12, 2019, we will join nearly 2500 law enforcement officers from throughout the country who will bicycle along varying routes, each nearly 300 miles, to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington DC.

On May 13th, we will join over 50,000 people at National Law Enforcement Memorial Candlelight Vigil. During the ceremony, the names of every officer who died in the line of duty during 2018 will be read and his/her name officially added to the Memorial, which already contains over 21,183 fallen heroes.

The primary purpose of the Police Unity Tour is to raise awareness about the police officers that have died in the line of duty. Our motto is, “We Ride For Those Who Died.” The secondary purpose is to raise funds for the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Since its’ inception in 1997, the Police Unity Tour has raised over $20 million to support the Memorial. It is because of your incredible level of support and financial contributions that I will be able to participate in the 2018 Police Unity Tour and ensure that the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice are not forgotten.

This year I will be riding in the memory of Deputy Heath Gumm, whom was a valued member of the Adams County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Division. Deputy Gumm was shot during a foot pursuit on January 24th, 2018. I will also be riding in memory of Deputy Micah Flick of El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and Sergeant Matthew Moreno of the Las Animas County Sheriff’s Office. It is my honor to be riding for these three fallen brothers.

I am seeking your financial support in order to allow me to ride in this incredibly worthwhile event. Each rider must raise approximately $2600 in order to participate in the Tour. The first $1900 is paid to the Police Unity Tour. The Police Unity Tour will donate $1000 to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund on my behalf and the remaining $900 will cover support services, ground transportation, overnight lodging, and food while we ride. Donations to the Police Unity Tour are tax deductible (Tax ID# 22-3530541). If you are not concerned about the tax deduction, you may write a check directly to me, which will be applied to the cost of airfare and other expenses that I am responsible for. Any monies I raise in excess of the required amounts will be donated to the Police Unity Tour.

You can make a secure online donation to our cause here:

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=4238044&langPref=en-CA

Thank you so very much for your consideration in supporting the Police Unity Tour. If you have any questions, please give me a call at 720-260-7212 or email me at robertnanney@me.com

Thank you very much for your support of this great cause,
    Robert Nanney

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.